This interactive course will provide you with the tools and understanding you need to take your smartphone photography and image sharing to the next level. This course is taught by the talented Lauren Theunissen.
– In just four weeks you will improve your smartphone photography.
– Learn how to harness the capabilities of your smartphone’s built-in camera.
– Grow your skills in creating and editing photographs which share your personal experience of the world.
– Unlock the full potential of the moments you capture by selecting the appropriate editing applications.
– Discover how to peak interest in your photo or video stories and develop your unique visual language.
4 sessions, for 4 consecutive Wednesday evenings from 18:00 – 21:00.
*LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE. BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL.
Session 1 | Storage and Battery saving tips. Manual camera and video settings. Taking control of exposure
Session 2 | Creative uses of the panorama camera function and introduction to image editing via Snapseed
Session 3 | Hands-on ‘additional gear’ session: Mini tripods, lenses, filters and creative hacks. Unpacking Instagram as a platform to create, edit, share and network.
Session 4 | Practical session with a recap of skills learnt and Selecting work for exhibition, still and/or video selections.
“I have learned how to better use my smartphone to take photos. This is particularly useful in situations where i don’t have my DSLR with me or where it’s impractical to use. I have also learned about creative techniques to use in order to make my smartphone photos more interesting.” – Jacques Grobler