Create & capture your foodie vision with our 2-day mouth-watering workshop in lighting & framing and gain valuable insights about food photography blogging and how you can get work towards reaching incredible results.
Taking great photographs of food is a hard-earned skill—after all, that’s why some people are lucky enough to get paid for it. But it’s also a lot easier to hone these days, no matter who you are.
What separates magazine-worthy photos from their less impressive counterparts isn’t a fancy camera or expensive equipment. It’s an understanding of what it takes to compose an appealing image and the confidence to execute your vision.
*LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE. BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL.EDUCATIONAL LOANS Read More
Two sessions, over two days
Includes tuition and lecture notes
This workshop is limited to 10 students. Reservation is essential.
|Dates & Times||
05 – 06 May 10:00 – 14:00, 10 – 11 Mar 10:00 – 14:00
[popup_trigger id=”24497″ tag=”span”][/popup_trigger]
– Learn more about his life in photography & experiences in the food photography industry
– Ask questions & get invaluable tips and insights
– Enjoy a cup of coffee & connect with fellow food photography enthusiasts
– Learn about the technical skill required to shoot food
– Gather tips on how to work with lighting and composition
– Any questions on camera settings & capabilities? Now is the time to ask!
– Bring your very own food or dish of choice and learn to capture it in the best way possible
Matthys started his photography career as a teenager when his father gave him his first Pentax 35mm film camera to capture his friends surfing on the East Coast. From here his love for photography grew and he decided to pursue his passion as a career.
His focus is on Food and Beverage photography and has collaborated on recipe books for the likes of Struik Publishing House and Jan Braai (Human & Rossouw, Book Storm). With his own studio which has a well fitted kitchen, plenty of light and space, Matt makes it the perfect place for your shoot!
Click here to see our Terms and Conditions.