Come and gain insights to the world of advertisement photography from a local industry leader, professional photographer & MD at Roodebloem Studios – Jan Verboom.
COVERED IN THIS TALK:
– How Marketing and Advertising have shifted over the last 40 years.
– How cameras (from 8×10 to digital) have impacted on how we interact with images.
– How photographic needs have changed over the last 30 years; we’ll look at a brief history in this regard.
– How the relationship between art and photography has changed.
– What does the future hold? We live in an image-saturated era, 20 million images are uploaded every day to Instagram – how does this affect the future of the advertising industry? By attempting to look at the bigger picture Jan hope to ‘predict’ what can be done to remain relevant in the world of visuals.
*LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE. BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL.Read More
MORE ABOUT JAN VERBOOM
“Initially earning my stripes as an in-house photographer for Ogilvy Cape Town 25 years ago, I still find myself very much part of the Advertising world albeit a very different one. Photography and Marketing/Advertising Photography has changed radically during this time period the ability to move with the changes has been essential.”