FULL-TIME PASSIONAPPLY QUICK LINK
Are you looking for a photography course that will give you the skills to start your career?
Our 6-Month Programme is designed to give you the theoretical knowledge and practical experience to be a successful photographer. You’ll learn how to manage and edit images, giving you a competitive edge in the industry.
Upon completing this Programme, you will have a varied and comprehensive portfolio that will demonstrate your competence as a photographer. You’ll also be ready to face the challenges of working in the photography world.
Course Fees: R42 000 (R39 000 if paid up front)
The next intake starts 18 July 202207/17/2022
Let Lauren Theunissen walk you through the 6-Month Part-Time Technical Photography programme!
Why the six-month programme?
- Gain an abundance of experience and knowledge, both theoretical and practical
- Be competent in image management, post-production and output
- Learn from the best in the industry
- Have plenty of time for other commitments
- Ready to take on the challenges posed by the photography world
- Leave with a varied and comprehensive portfolio
3 sessions of 3 hours each per week, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 09:00 – 12:00.
A fourth session per week is allocated for tutor help on projects and technical skills.
- DSLR or mirroless camera with 1 or more lenses. The standard zoom(s) are OK to begin with, but you’ll probably want to upgrade them at some point. More advice on this will depend on what type of photography you want to go into in the long run. UV filters to protect your lenses.
- Spare battery for your camera, original or generic.
- Laptop or standalone PC or Mac. We have a fully equipped Mac Lab with 24″ and 27″ Macs that you will be taught on. You can also make use of them during your free time providing the school is open, and there is no other class in there. Photoshop and Lightroom are installed at the school, but you would need to get your own licenses for use on your personal machine. The latest version is Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC – they come bundled as a subscription @ U$ 9,99 per month. Word or a compatible program are also recommended. An external hard drive for backing up your photos is HIGHLY recommended.
- A tripod is essential and it’s a good idea to get one that is in line with the size and weight of your camera & lenses. A cable remote (can be a generic brand, but must suit your camera) is a very very good idea.
- Two or more memory cards 16GB or larger.
- An external flash (“Speedlight”) that works with your specific camera.
- A decent camera bag big enough to allow your gear to grow a bit.
- There are lots of small nice-to-have goodies that can be sorted out later, and are often good to chat about in person.
- Basic stationary i.e. notepad/book, pens, highlighter etc.