The 6-Month Programme is a great way to gain a huge amount of theoretical knowledge and practical experience, while still having time for a part-time job and life’s other commitments. The programme focuses on technical photography skills, together with the all-important image management, post-production and image output. In completing this programme you will leave as a competent photographer, able to show off a varied and comprehensive portfolio, and ready to face the challenges which the entry into the photography world poses.
For the duration of this course you will be eligible to sit in on other part-time courses hosted by the Orms Cape Town School of Photography, be encouraged to attend all our lunchtime lectures, special events and will be expected to participate in the relevant exhibitions.
You will be required to submit work for exhibition purposes mid-course, as well as at the end of the course, as part of the end-of-term show. You will receive a 25% discount on Photobooks and printing, and 20% discount on framing Orms.
COURSE DATES & TIMES:
Feb 2021: Mornings 9:00 – 12:00
Classes occur three times per week.
2021 Feb: R 39 000 (incl VAT)APPLY QUICK LINKDOWNLOAD PROSPECTUS
- Proficiency in technical camera work
- Proficiency in image management, post-production and image output
- Photography portfolio book
- Exhibition experience
- Business Development
- Skilled in studio lighting
3 sessions of 3 hours each per week, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 09:00 – 12:00.
A fourth session per week is allocated for tutor help on projects and technical skills. Although this session is not compulsory, it is highly beneficial.
Please note that we limit the number of students enrolled in this programme and applications are accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
2020 August only: R 35 000 (incl VAT) – Marked down from the usual fee of R47 000. You Save R 12 000!
PLEASE NOTE: Should the COVID-19 pandemic affect the running of this contact-course, we will offer you a full refund OR transfer your spot to the next intake (February 2021) at the same reduced fee.
- DSLR camera with 1 or more lenses. The standard zoom(s) are OK to begin with, but you’ll probably want to upgrade them at some point. More advice on this will depend on what type of photography you want to go into in the long run. UV filters to protect your lenses.
- Spare battery for your camera, original or generic.
- Laptop or standalone PC or Mac. We have a fully equipped Mac Lab with 24″ and 27″ Macs that you will be taught on. You can also make use of them during your free time providing the school is open, and there is no other class in there. Photoshop and Lightroom are installed at the school, but you would need to get your own licenses for use on your personal machine. The latest version is Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC – they come bundled as a subscription @ U$ 9,99 per month. Word or a compatible program are also recommended. An external hard drive for backing up your photos is HIGHLY recommended.
- A tripod is essential and it’s a good idea to get one that is in line with the size and weight of your camera & lenses. A cable remote (can be a generic brand, but must suit your camera) is a very very good idea.
- Two or more memory cards 16GB or larger.
- An external flash (“Speedlight”) that works with your specific camera.
- A decent camera bag big enough to allow your gear to grow a bit.
- There are lots of small nice-to-have goodies that can be sorted out later, and are often good to chat about in person.
- Basic stationary i.e. notepad/book, pens, highlighter etc.