• The smooth administration of the Photography and short course Programmes (in conjunction with Head of Photography)
• Co-ordinator and curator of all Orms Cape Town School of Photography Exhibitions
• Co-ordinator and Liaison for all photographic lecturers
• Course material: the development of new courses, new course material and updating of existing course material.
• Scholarship Programme
• Artist in Residency programme
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
• A relevant bachelor’s degree or certificate in either photography or, art, design, arts and culture management, social sciences
• A minimum of three years’ professional experience
• Basic MS Office working skills
• Good command of the English language – written & spoken
• Curating experience
• Knowledge of the Higher Education sector would be an advantage
• Working knowledge of Adobe CS
INHERENT/SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS TO DO THE JOB:
• Excellent organiser & planner
• Must be willing to grow within the school
• Must be creative and visually literate
• Ability to develop courses, course content, overviews and notes.
• Excellent communication skills, able to make people feel welcome, heard and understood.
• Computer proficiency – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Be energetic and driven
• An ambassador for the School
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Liaise with student support Lecturers Liaison for photography department Support head of photography for the smooth running of all photography programmes.
Champion the success of short courses and develop new ones Scheduling for Photographic and short course departments Update & Develop existing course material for distribution via the digital LMS system Co-ordinate and curate all Orms Cape Town School of Photography exhibitions (internally and externally) Administer the Artist in residency Programme Develop creative work for use of marketing purposes Champion the Orms Cape Town School of Photography scholarship programmes Oversee the receptionist Work in conjunction with HR to ensure Lecturer’s contracts are in place for Photographic Division.
KEY PERFORMANCE COMPETENCIES:
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of photographic course content & equipment.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Nurture an ongoing relationship with all our lecturers.
• Outstanding time management skills.
• Efficient, methodical & thorough viz an excellent planner
• Pay attention to detail
• Outstanding command of the English language – written & oral.
• Update & develop course material – existing & new.
• After – hour availability
• Computer literate on PowerPoint, Excel, Word & Outlook, Capture 1, Lightroom, Adobe Premier, Photoshop
• Outstanding administrative skills
• Analyse viability of courses vs attendance and timing to achieve maximum attendance.
• Able to work under pressure
• Visually literate
• Punctual with reliable attendance at work.
PERSONAL SKILLS /ATTRIBUTES:
• Well-spoken and well-written
• Very organised
• Flexible & willing to participate in every facet of the business.
• Energetic, innovative and creative thinker.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent planning, administration and time management skills.
• Self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
• Responsible and ethical in their conduct.
• Ability to collaborate and work as part of a dynamic team.
• The ability to work with people of all ages and background.
Contact details: Send your CV in confidence for the attention of firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will close Wednesday 13 December 2017. Position to commence as soon as possible.