Class experience | This is what a post-production lesson will look like as part of the Online 6-Month Video Content Production programme.
TO CREATE POWERFUL VIDEO FOR ONLINE MEDIA
Video is more important now than ever. As a response to the restrictions on contact learning, we have adapted our hugely popular six-month part-time programme in Video Content Production for online consumption.
This programme is designed to help you quickly and thoroughly get to grips with both technical and storytelling skills you will used to generate online content while operating from home in a freelancing or part-time capacity; achieving the best in both worlds.
This programme occurs three lecturer-led sessions per week with dedicated self-paced homework and specialised one-on-one consultations. You will be able to complete the weeks’ online lessons on your own schedule.QUICK APPLY LINK
- Next Intake: August 2020
- Course Structure: Evening Classes. Three lecturer-led sessions per week with dedicated self-paced homework and specialised one-on-one consultations.
- Cost: R25000 (2020 August only) (Includes 15% VAT)
- Includes no gear rental or access to campus.
- Students should have a good Internet connection and a machine capable of handling DaVinci Resolve.
- Students are required to have their own equipment. You will get a 10% student discount on Ormsdirect.co.za on Nikon and Canon cameras. (Details will be supplied on application – via the quick apply button.)
- Produce a professional showreel to showcase production work and a creative project for personal interest.
- Learn to create vlogs, motion graphics, creative videos, short films, and campaign videos.
- Understand the entire production process to plan and execute shoots responsibly and reliably for predictable, high-quality results.
- Apply post-production techniques to sourced media to finish film productions, including performing visual and sound editing, colour grading, title design and animations.
- Undertake conceptualisation work for content creation for various platforms and perform necessary planning and preparation for execution, including all necessary authoring.
This course looks at the various ways that video is used to tell stories and communicate information using modern technologies and media platforms. Creative processes, writing, and social media marketing skills are developed and applied to the creation of common video types.
Learn how to:
- Conduct standard research techniques for concept creation and campaign development
- Develop a personal creative process
- Conceptualise content for various media platforms
- Develop creative concepts into digital marketing campaigns
- Design social media strategies
- Apply presentation skills to sell ideas and concepts to clients or viewers
- Apply creative writing skills to write scripts and short narratives
- Monetise media
- Source media and understand media rights
- Use the full production cycle effectively
- Run a professional creative business
Practical Cinematography aims to develop technically strong individuals so that they can implement and create visually pleasing content.
For three hours a week, students will receive technical experience using cameras, lights, and sound equipmen.
This course teaches the principles and develops the skills students need to complete professional video productions. The full post-production workflow is looked at, including video and sound editing, colour work, Digital Imaging principles needed for the correct handling of media and preparation of deliverables, and proper management techniques to ensure the safety of the media. While not looked at in detail, implementing Motion Graphic elements in video productions and the compositing principles and techniques used for image manipulation are introduced to students.
Weekly practical sessions in our MacLab teach the required principles and these are immediately explored during carefully designed exercises, developing essential technical skills at the same time. Media produced for Practical Cinematography is used in this course, and assignments for the two courses are briefed in conjunction.
Learn how to:
- Use Digital Imaging principles to handle media correctly and prepare deliverables efficiently
- Manage media correctly to ensure its safety
- Edit video and audio media using modern software to complete professional video productions
- Perform exposure and colour manipulation techniques using industry standard software to adjust and stylise visual media
- Perform sound design techniques to improve the audio component of video productions
- Mix and master audio for consistent and effective delivery in video projects
- Implement graphic elements in video productions for informational and branding purposes
- Understand the compositing principles and techniques used to manipulate the contents for visual media
Students’ medium and long term goals are determined and they’re taught how to produce work that could help achieve these goals during the second term of the programme.
The Professional Showreel is a showcase of technical production skills that can be used to approach production companies for employment in commercial production fields.
The Creative Project showcases creative abilities, including concept development, writing and storytelling ability, in an exploration of a personal interest that can be used to sell creative services to prospective clients or demonstrate future work.
Next Intake: August 2020
Three Pre-recorded sessions per week: Complete the weekly lessons in your own time except for one live lecturer-led lessons per week.
Live sessions occur in the South African time zone, in the English language.
R25000 (2020 July only) (Includes 15% VAT)