WHAT WILL BE COVERED IN THE COURSE?
Session 1 | The AE interface, creating a composition, the layer system and layer properties.
Session 2 | The principles of animation and how to apply them in AE.
Session 3 | Basic Animation: hands-on exercise.
Session 4 | Post-Production workflow: importing media and integration with Pr, AI and Ps.
Session 5 | Intermediate Post-Production: hands-on exercise, and future learning resources.
YOU SHOULD ENROL IF:
- You want to feel comfortable designing motion graphics for your own work
- You want to extend you post-production service offering
- You have an interest in animation.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom is recommended.
- You will need your own external storage either HDDs, SSDs. or a large flash drives.
- You will also need a set of earphones or headphones to monitor audio on the cameras or levels while editing the footage.
- Our campus is equipped with 27” Macs housing the full Adobe Creative Suite. You will be trained and complete assignments on Adobe After Effects CC on the school’s macs. The software you can buy online. There is also a free month trial for your personal use at home.
- Basic stationary i.e. notepad/book, pens, highlighter etc.
WHAT PREVIOUS STUDENTS HAVE SAID:
“After Effects is great for creating motion graphics. Just don’t expect to learn it in a weekend. Anton was really patient with me and I learned a lot.”