Intro to Video Production
- Know the different types of cameras used to produce video as well as tools for mounting cameras, lighting and audio recording.
- Know how to use the manual functions on cameras used to shoot video.
- Know the standard shot framings and video shooting rules.
- Know how to control the lighting on a shoot, including blocking and bouncing light and adding artificial lighting, to create standard types of lighting.
- Know how to record audio for video productions.
YOU SHOULD ENROL IF:
- You want to shoot and create your own videos,
- You want to increase your service offering as a photographer,
- You want to make the most out of your existing camera gear.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- You will need a camera capable of shooting video that gives easy access to the basic settings: ISO, shutter speed and iris. (DSLRs, cine cameras and standard video cameras are all acceptable)
- Unfortunately, a smartphone or action camera (GoPro, for instance) or drones are not acceptable for this course.
- You will need your own external storage either HDDs, SSDs. or a large flash drives
- You will also need a set of earphones or headphones to monitor audio on the cameras or levels while editing the footage.
- Any additional gear is welcomed, but not required.
WHAT PREVIOUS STUDENTS HAVE SAID:
“I enjoyed it being so practical learning a concept and getting time in class to practice it. The course is quite condensed, really a lot to take it. And it is all quite necessary.”